Social media marketing is something you cannot ignore and no matter what your doing, if you a local marketer, Startup owner, local business, affiliate marketer, e com, or any other type of marketer – social media marketing can be a huge addition to marketing channels if used correctly.
Social media marketing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to reach your market and engage with them, find out what they are saying, how to improve your current product, increase brand awareness, more traffic, leads and sales.
Social media marketing is simply driving brand awareness and traffic from soical media sites leading to some sort of a sale or a lead – regardless of your business using social media the right way can easily get you more traffic, leads and sales.
takes place when somebody creates and shares content on social media networks to promote his brand and accomplish marketing goals. It involves posting short texts, pictures or videos which would bring publicity and attract potential customers to the company.
The whole concept emerged with the growing popularity of social media services. Many of us can’t imagine living without Facebook or, whereas younger generations don’t even remember the world without them. Social media has become a basic element of human life and therefore, they are the crucial for promotional reasons.
Interestingly, using social media is not rocket science, at least for 2 billion Facebook users who have already possessed this competence. However, using social media as a successful marketing tool is another story.
So if you want to achieve success with your social media it would be useful to:
- Provide good quality content. You want to attract viewers and this isn’t an easy task as your competitors will work their fingers to the bones in order to overtake you.
- Focus on listening, not talking. People love to be listened to, therefore, check what they have to say and join their conversations with your helpful comments.
- Nobody is the expert in everything. It’s better to be a pro in one field than to have superficial knowledge of something. Besides, you want to be trusted and people won’t believe you if you aren’t a specialist in their eyes.
- Don’t post day and night the same products or content as people will get bored with it and stop following you. Social media users expect useful or at least funny things. Give it to them.
- Publish regularly. People like routines, so providing content on a regular basis will help to remind them about you.
- Try to befriend with online influencers from your field. If they share your content, you may significantly broaden your group of customers.
- Answer comments even if they are negative. However, remember to avoid arguing and losing your temper. Modifying one of the most popular GOT’s sentences – the Net remembers.
I’m curious whether Zuckerberg or Jack Dorsey (Twitter’s co-founder) had ever imagined that their websites would become so powerful marketing tools. For sure, they know how to make a killing thanks to them now.
There’s a lot more that could be said here, and much of this is necessarily over-simplified but hopefully it helps as a little intro.
If you want to become a ninja at this kind of stuff, you have to stay tuned.
More from Africa
The Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) has launched a competition aimed at getting young people to develop solutions to …